Welcome to Shards of Silver

Marianne Moore once defined 'poetry' as "Imaginary gardens with real toads in them". I found this such a striking definition of something that captures the values of poetry that I couldn't leave it alone.

I've been writing - attempting - poetry since I knew how to hold a pen(cil). Some poems I write I like, most I don't, but every now and then I feel compelled to write them down, like a flush of emotion that demands access to some sort of visible medium that can later be accessed and reconsidered. I thought, maybe, that sharing these poems could help me out a little. I welcome critiques, critical and constructive (though I do, of course reserve the right to ignore the sharper sides of people's tongues ;) ), and hope that in return for your help I can leave you with something better than sorry attempts at a craft which only a tiny few have ever really mastered.

Clear Skies~V

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Where They Walk

Take me past the rivers and lakes
Of this land I know all too well,
Carry me through the sky and light
To the world beyond those stars there.
Glide through the night and through the day
Hold me in the darkness and in the light,
But do not let me fall without you.
Take me to the realm in which time
No longer matters to anyone.
Take me from these echoed whispers
That goad me and taunt me
And carry me with you always.
Take me to where the willows sing,
Take me to where the moonlight shines,
Take me to the worlds I've never seen before,
Take me to where the unicorns run,
Take me to where the dragons and angels vie
For the ruling of the bright open sky,
Take me to where they walk...
Take me to where they walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment